What is the SHSM Business Program?
The Business Specialist High Skills major is designed to provide an opportunity for students to learn skills that will enable them to be successful entrepreneurs in a hands-on learning environment.
Schools supporting this sector
- Centennial CVI
- Centre Dufferin DHS
- Centre Wellington DHS
- Guelph CVI
- Norwell DSS
- Orangeville DSS
- Wellington Heights SS
Why get involved?
- Attend a retail show, conference, or workshop in the business sector
- Explore careers in business through work placements
- Networking with local businesses
- With a mentor, assist in the creation of a business plan
- Participate in a business-focused competition
- Touring of the local chamber of commerce
- Graduate with a SHSM seal of designation on your secondary school diploma
- Earn a Specialist High Skills Major designation on OSSD transcript
- Gain valuable industry specific work experience and knowledge
The SHSM-Business Program will help students develop:
- A sound foundation to learn in General Business
- Accounting, marketing and entrepreneurship
- Personal management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
Get Started Now
Talk to your school SHSM Lead or guidance counsellor to register.
For FAQ, click here!