What is the SHSM Hospitality Program?
The Specialist High Skills Major in Hospitality & Tourism allows students to make informed career choices in the Hospitality sector. They will acquire effective communication skills, demonstrate safe operation of industry equipment, food handling, business inventory controls, safety & sanitation and economic and environmental controls
Schools supporting this sector
- Centre Dufferin DHS
- Centre Wellington DHS
- College Heights SS
- Erin DHS
- Guelph CVI
- Orangeville DSS
- Westside SS
Why get involved?
- Involved in promoting local community events
- Provide catering services internally and externally
- Promote and advertise year end fundraiser
- Networking with local hospitality businesses
- Participate in a wilderness survival camp and a Skills Canada competition
- Touring of local Colleges, Universities and Hotels
- Graduate with a SHSM seal of designation on your secondary school diploma
- Earn a Specialist High Skills Major designation on OSSD transcript
- Gain valuable industry specific work experience and knowledge
The SHSM-Hospitality and Tourism Program will help students develop:
- A strong foundation to learn in the Hospitality and Tourism industries
- Spa etiquette, events coordination, food handling skills
- Personal management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
Get Started Now
Talk to your school SHSM Lead or guidance counsellor to register.
For FAQ, click here!