What is the SHSM Sports Program?
The SHSM Sports major gives students the opportunity to gain sector-based skills and experience to prepare for a career in the sports industry.
Schools supporting this sector
- Centre Wellington DHS
- Erin DHS
- Guelph CVI
- Wellington Heights SS
Why Get Involved?
- Volunteer at a sports facility or event
- Experience an athletics-focused environment through work placements
- Networking with local employers
- Participate in an exercise class at a fitness facility
- Touring of local Colleges, Universities, and Athletic Facilities
- Graduate with a SHSM seal of designation on OSSD transcript
- Gain valuable industry-specific work experience and knowledge
- A strong foundation to learn in the Sports industry
- Coaching, sport program design, fundamental skills in a sport
- Personal management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
Get Started Now
Talk to your school SHSM Lead or guidance counsellor to register.
For FAQ, click here!