Alternative Learning and Student Success
The Guelph Collegiate & Vocational Institute est.1854
PROUD OF OUR PAST – CONFIDENT IN OUR FUTURE
How To Help Your Son or Daughter See Success in High School
- Know what is going on in the school
- Look at the sign outside of the school
- Follow us on Twitter – @GuelphCVI
- Check the school website – http://www.ugdsb.on.ca/gcvi
- Come to School Council meetings
- Call and ask! 519-824-9800
- Know who your teen’s teachers are – ask to see his/her schedule at the start of each semester.
- Make sure your contact information is correct and on file at the school.
- Come to parent teacher nights, school council or any other school events.
- Know who your teen’s Vice-Principal is (A-L – J. Weddig and M-Z – J.Cako)
- CALL – if you have concerns, notice changes in behaviour or have questions.
- Encourage your son or daughter to get involved with a club or team (we have many!)
2. Help your son or daughter choose courses that will help them see success
- Ask the Gr. 8 teacher for advice on what level of classes your son or daughter should take (Academic, Applied, Essential)
- Consult with the Student Success Teacher (C. Anstett) and/or the Special Education Resource Teacher (J. Hocken) at GCVI