Learning beyond the classroom
Today’s students need learning that goes beyond the classroom. School-work programs expand students’ learning by helping them:
- understand more about the industries they may want to pursue in the future
- get exposed to career options in industries they may not have known about or even considered
- develop essential workplace skills
- see how their in-class learning can be applied in the workplace
- make more informed decisions about their education and career path so they make a successful transition into the job market.
Giving students the chance to explore different career options and build their skills will help them prepare for the jobs of tomorrow.
How students can learn beyond the classroom
Students can learn about the world of work by exploring different careers and industries through:
- workplace tours
- job shadowing
- cooperative education
- school-work transitions
- Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program.