Monday, Oct. 25
- There will be a 1st and 2nd dose Covid vaccine clinic at the school on Oct. 25th from 1:00 – 4:00. Please sign up at the front office if you are interested.
- Royals Faith Factor will meet TOMORROW in the LIBRARY at 12:00. All are welcome to come and check it out!
- An Apprenticeship 101 Sessions for Students will be held this coming Tuesday from 11:45am – 12:45pm. We will be showing the presentation in the Library/Learning Commons on this date. Please eat your lunch and head there at 11:45am. Any students in Grade 9-12 are welcome to attend. See your Grade Google Classroom for more information.
- Hey Royals! Thank you to everyone who dressed up for Meme Monday, class points will be posted on the CDDHS Athletics Instagram account. Tomorrow is bring anything but a backpack day. Bring all of your school supplies in anything but a backpack. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!
- Field Hockey Finals. Due to the bad weather, the field hockey finals have been postponed until Wednesday at 11:00am
- Reminder to all Student Council Members of our meeting today at lunch in the library. New members welcome. See you then!
- Have you convinced your afternoon teacher to carve a pumpkin tomorrow?! Show some spooky spirit and carve a pumpkin for the contest led by Student Council! The best class pumpkin wins a prize! Can’t wait to see them!
- Anyone interested in playing Girls’ Basketball or Boys’ Volleyball, please come to a brief meeting outside the weight room at the beginning of lunch.
Tuesday, Oct. 26
- Royals Faith Factor will meet TODAY in the LIBRARY at 12:00. All are welcome to come and check it out!
- An Apprenticeship 101 Workshop is today at lunch from 11:45am – 12:45pm. If you are curious about Apprenticeships and how they work, come to the Library/Learning Commons at lunch or attend a google meet. The link and info is available on your Grade Google Classroom. Any students in Grade 9-12 are welcome to attend.
- For all students planning on applying to University the Ontario University Fair is tonight from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. It will be done virtually. Check the grade 12 Google Classroom for the link.
- Interested in trades? Want to know more about the trades and how to be an apprentice? Come to the library at 11:45am today for a Google meet information session. Please eat your lunch first. See you there! (More info is on your grade’s google classroom – Apprenticeship 101).
- REMINDER: There is a girls’ basketball tryout today after school.
- Games Club is happening today at 11:45 in room 59 (The Resource Room). Please eat lunch first and then join us for chess, board games, card games and more! Everyone is welcome!
Wednesday, Oct. 27
- Hey Royals! A big thanks to everyone who wore pajamas to school today. Today’s task is word scrabble and the word will be Halloween. Come up with as many words as you can! Tomorrow will be Jers-day Thursday. Wear your favourite sports jersey or any sports attire if you don’t have a jersey. Check out the CDDHS Athletics Instagram account for more details.
Thursday, Oct. 28
- Student Council, the Fitness Leadership and the Learning Skills class have been working hard at creating a fun inclusive day celebrating Halloween and all things spooky. Tomorrow, wear your spooky costume, your orange and black or your school colours to celebrate. Student Council will be having a costume contest at lunch at the front of the school. Dress up in pairs, groups or go solo. Prizes will be won.
- All Hallows Eve, All Saints Eve or Halloween is a celebration observed in many countries on October 31st, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows’ Day. In North America this day usually includes activities like trick -or-treating or attending costume parties. In other parts of the world people attend church services or light candles. If you are wearing a costume tomorrow, please be mindful of your choice. Cultural beliefs and subcultures you don’t belong to aren’t a costume, they are a way of life that deserve respect. Also, events like the COVID pandemic should not be turned into a joke or used as inspiration for costumes. Whether or not you find these concepts personally offensive, it’s a choice that could hurt others. Instead, choose an outfit that fun, lighthearted, or scary in a way that won’t make someone relive a traumatic event – and don’t forget to eat your weight in candy. Feel free to wish your fellow peers or teachers Happy Halloween if they are celebrating this year.
- Today is Jers-day Thursday. For those who do not have a jersey and wish to participate, Retro Royals Jerseys are available this morning in the phys’ed office for sale or for sign-out!
Friday, Oct. 29
- Good morning family! MSA here. WE hope you had a great week. As Islamic Heritage Month comes to an end, we want to thank our Muslim students for all their hard work, passion and dedication in this association and beyond and we want to extend a special thank you to everyone who entered this month with an open heart and took the time to educate themselves and be kind. Stay safe, stay beautiful and always remember the MSA is here for anyone who need us!