Grade 10 Literacy Test
CDDHS OSSLT Information
|The OSSLT test will be written on March 27th 2019 province-wide.|
For detailed information and help please access the following links:
EQAO Parent’s guide
EQAO Student’s guide
The link includes:
Getting Ready Guide
Planning and Preparation Guide
Questions and Answers for parents
Guide to EQAO Assessments in Secondary School
Have you ever wondered how EQAO tests are created?
About Ontario’s Province-Wide Tests
OSSLT Curriculum Connections
Characteristics of Successful and Unsuccessful Student Performance
Sample Individual Report
How to Request an Appeal of Student’s Results on the OSSLT
CDDHS student success on the OSSLT is important to us! Here are some ways we prepare your child for the test!
- Students in grade 9 have the opportunity to write the practice test on the OSSLT day. These practice tests provide our Literacy Team with information which will best prepare students for the test. Teachers will go over the results with students prior to the OSSLT.
- Literacy Lab work books are used in Grade 10 applied and locally developed classrooms for added practice.
- “Pass the Test” workshops are held after school twice a week, starting 6-7 weeks prior to the OSSLT. An invitation to join will be extended to students that would benefit from this targeted instruction. Please contact the school if you would like your child to join this workshop.
- Previously eligible students will dialogue with a literacy instructor to reflect on past test results.
- A “literacy boot camp” will be offered shortly before the test to refresh literacy test skills.
- If you have any questions about the OSSLT, please contact the school at 519-925-3834.