Fun ways to #GetOutside this summer
June 28, 2018
GUELPH, Ontario – The end of the school year is in sight and keeping children busy over the summer can sometimes be a challenge. Upper Grand DSB Environmental Sustainability Lead Karen Acton has shared some excellent tips to help get kids outside this summer.
The advantages to spending time in nature are clear and are a great way to spend time as a family.
- Plan outdoor activities in advance and put them on the calendar
- Take a hike through the neighbourhood or a close by trail
- Grab the bug repellant and take a walk under the summer moon
- Set up a tent and go camping in the backyard.
- Plant the garden as a family
- Walk around the neighbourhood snapping photos of natural landscapes
- Enroll your child in a nature based summer camp
- Visit a park
- Go for a picnic
Remember to stay hydrated and apply sunscreen when outside this summer. Have a safe and fun summer, #GetOutside and spend time with family and friends!
Categories: Spotlight On Schools