Parents/guardians invited to event focused on child cooperation and self-discipline
October 6, 2017
GUELPH, Ontario – The Upper Grand District School Board’s Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) is kicking off the school year with an event focused on helping children become more self-disciplined and cooperative.
This November, Dr. Laura Markham, founding editor of AhaParenting.com, will teach parents and guardians strategies for getting your child to cooperate without yelling, threats or punishment.
Attendees will learn:
- Tips for getting children to cooperate
- Why yelling, threats and punishment create more misbehaviour
- How children develop self-discipline
- Important parenting habits for creating good behaviour
- Strategies for handing your own emotions in order to help your child
The event is presented by the UGDSB’s Parent Involvement Committee and the Ontario Ministry of Education.
Location & Events Details:
- Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at Centennial Collegiate Vocational Institute, 289 College Ave W. Guelph
- Thursday November 9, 2017 at Westside S.S., 300 Alder St. Orangeville
- 6:15pm: Information booths and light refreshments
- 6:45pm – 8:45pm: Presentation followed by an opportunity to ask questions
This is a free event, but registration is required. Access your tickets by contacting your UGDSB Principal or follow these links below to register:
- Register this event at Centennial Collegiate Vocational Institute, Wednesday November 8
- Register this event at Westside Secondary School, Thursday November 9
To learn more about PIC, visit www.ugdsb.ca/pic.