UGDSB secondary students participate in Manufacturing Day
October 12, 2017
GUELPH, Ontario – Upper Grand District School Board secondary students had the opportunity to participate in Manufacturing Day on October 6.
Manufacturing Day is held throughout North America and allows students the opportunity to see firsthand what manufacturing is and what it is not.
All UGDSB high schools participated in the event and Guelph students had the opportunity to attend the luncheon at the Hasenfratz Centre.
Some UGDSB students had the opportunity to tour two manufacturing plants during the day.
Some of the plant tours included:
- Blount International Inc., Guelph
- Walinga Inc., Guelph
- Integrated Metal Products, Guelph
- Linamar Corporation (Skyjack), Guelph
- Musashi Auto Parts, Arthur
- The Gund Company, Fergus
- Pintar Manufacturing, Erin
- Superior Glove Works, Acton
- Data Cable Company, Orangeville
- KTH Parts Industries Inc., Shelburne
Students were engaged throughout the day and were pleased to have a firsthand look at what jobs in manufacturing involve.