UGDSB to conduct boundary review for Central PS in Guelph
For Immediate Release
October 23, 2023
GUELPH, ON – The Upper Grand District School Board is conducting a boundary review in order to address accommodation pressures at Central Public School in Guelph.
Central PS is a small JK-6 school in downtown Guelph with an operating capacity of 274 pupil spaces. In the last two years, Central PS has experienced increased enrolment and is overcapacity. Due to its location, the school site is constrained with limited parking and play areas.
A Boundary Review Process has been started to resolve accommodation pressure at Central PS. A Boundary Review is a staff process that allows the board to review a variety of options for resolving an issue with overcapacity or underutilized schools, or when determining a new school boundary. Information about the Boundary Review Process can be found in UGDSB Policy 320 – School Boundary Review.
Any approved changes are expected to be implemented for the 2024-25 school year.
The Boundary Review Process involves the following schools:
- Central Public School
- Paisley Road Public School
- Willow Road Public School
The UGDSB is committed to hearing from the affected school communities throughout this process.
How to Get Involved:
- Provide feedback through the Central PS Boundary Review Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TQ53VWH
- Email at [email protected]. Please note while all emails received during the public process are reviewed by staff, individual responses will not be provided. A FAQ document will be posted on the website which will be updated on a regular basis.
- There is an opportunity for delegations (click here for procedure)
- A Public Information Session will be held on November 30, 2023, between 6-8pm at Central PS. Further details to come.
All questions and inquiries can be directed to [email protected].