Everyday Hero Awards
Award of Excellence – 2019-2020 School Year
Nominations for the 2019-20 Everyday Hero Awards will be accepted until June 26, 2020 (NEW DATE).
The purpose of the Everyday Hero Award is to publicly recognize significant and outstanding achievements of employees and representatives of system partners of the Upper Grand District School Board. Everyday Heroes are people who go above and beyond what’s expected to make Upper Grand schools great places to learn and work.
Candidates for the award may be an employee, student, volunteer, or representative of system partners (bus drivers, crossing guards, community members, etc.). Groups will also be considered.
- Performance of duties at a high level at all times
- A significant school and/or system-related achievement
- A specific innovation or achievement of significant value or importance to the system, or
- A unique circumstance considered worthy of recognition by the board
We are using less paper. Live GREEN, Learn GREEN, Go GREEN! To submit a nomination, please fill out an Everyday Hero Award nomination form and submit via email (see below).
Nomination forms may be submitted by:
- Staff members
- Parents/guardians, and
- Other system partners
Nominations must include:
- The name, email address, work location and position of the candidate(s)
- Names of at least two nominators and their positions
- Contact for a site administrator or designate
- A rationale for the nomination
- *Supportive documentation/testimonials (maximum of 3 pages of supportive documentation)
*Note to nominators: Everyday Heroes are people who affect the lives and learning of many people in the system and this should be effectively demonstrated. The Selection Committee will be looking at the quality and care that has been put into the submission including such details as supportive documentation, testimonials, personal anecdotes from more than one person or organization.
Deadline for Nominations for the 2019-20 School Year
The nomination deadline for the 2019-20 Everyday Hero Awards is June 26, 2020.
UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 crisis and resulting school closures, the May 2020 presentation of the 2019-20 Everyday Hero Awards has been postponed. Information regarding the presentation of awards will be communicated in the summer/fall of 2020.
Approximately 10 nominees will be chosen.
To provide a range of winners that are representative of the system as a whole, the Selection Committee will take into consideration:
- Award criteria
- Quality of the submission including appropriate and supportive documentation
- Representation from a variety of employee/partner groups
- Geographic distribution across the system
Send nominations to
Megan Sicoli, Administrative Officer, Communications