Help support your child’s stress management and well-being
November 23, 2022
Strong Minds Strong Kids, Psychology Canada is delivering a virtual after-school program for kids ages 8-12 in the Upper Grand District School Board community.
Stress Busters was designed from Psychology Canada’s evidence-based Kids Have Stress Too! (KHST!) program with an added peer-to-peer support component to help kids put their learning into practice. This program has had a positive impact on children’s ability to identify and manage their stress. It provides children and their families with education and support to help them build stress management skills and to foster resilience.
- What stress is and how it impacts our mind, body, emotions, and behaviour
- Reflect on stressful situations and think about ways to cope
- Learn simple breathing exercises to help manage stress
- Learn to react to situations in a more positive way
- Help support your child’s stress management and well-being
- Think about worries and fears in a realistic and productive way
- Kids learn to break down problems so they can address them proactively
- Explore creative self-expression as an effective stress buster
- Kids learn how to give and receive support by talking, listening, and connecting
CLICK HERE to register your interest for Group 1 – Thursdays: January 12th-March 2nd, 2023 (4:30 pm-5:30 pm EST)
CLICK HERE to register your interest for Group 2 – Thursdays: January 12th-March 2nd, 2023 (6 pm-7 pm EST)
Space is limited and registrants will be notified if their child is entered into the program or added to a waiting list.