UGDSB teacher wins 2019 Making IT Happen award
November 8, 2019
GUELPH, Ontario – A teacher at Centre Wellington District High School has been named a recipient of the 2019 Making IT Happen award.
The award honors outstanding educators who demonstrate extraordinary commitment, leadership, courage and persistence in improving digital learning opportunities for students. More than 600 educators from around the world have received this award since its inception in 1995.
CWDHS teacher Timothy King received the award this week at Bring IT, Together 2019, Ontario’s leading educational technology conference, which brings educators and IT professionals together.
Some of my favourite people. What an honour to be standing there with them. Thanks @ecooorg & @iste for this Making IT Happen award – I promise to immediately to put it to use in service of my students.#BIT19 #onted #edtech @ugdsb pic.twitter.com/l4p8jIxOuG
— ƬIMӨƬΉY KIПG 🖥️🏍️🛠️🎨 (@tk1ng) November 8, 2019
King was selected by the Educational Computing Organization of Ontario (ECOO) board, which recognized his commitment to providing impactful change in the field of educational technology integration.
King is heavily involved in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) education and routinely provides real-world, hands-on experiences to his students.
The award honours educators who:
- Apply available technology now
- Move forward and don’t look back
- See students as real people
- Teach through relationships, inspiring, encouraging and nurturing
- Recognize that further change is necessary, but understand that it is a process
- Realize that teacher empowerment is the key element to technology integration
- Expect success
- Motivate through awareness and access to information
Congratulations Mr. King!