Grade 12 Indigenous students invited to Skilled Trades Training Program
March 3, 2023
Upper Grand DSB students have an opportunity to participate in an Indigenous Youth Skilled Trades Training Program.
This hands-on program is open to self-identified grade 12 Indigenous students.
The program will run from April 25 to May 23, 2023, on Tuesdays from 9am to 3:30pm. Training will be held at Probuy Safety Solutions in Guelph, and transportation and lunch will be provided.
- April 25: Worker Awareness, WHMIS, and Confined Space Awareness Course
- May 2: Working at Heights
- May 9: Mini Excavator and Skid Steer Theory
- May 16: Mini Excavator and Skid Steer Practical
- May 23: Scissor and Genie Man Lift Course Combination
To register, students are to fill out this online form.
Categories: Board News for Secondary • News Tags: Indigenous Education • Skilled Trades • Take Tech