Accommodation reviews are recommended when it is believed that the Board should consider:
- school closures/consolidations; or
- reassignment of greater than 50% of the school’s population to another school(s).
Under the Board’s Policy 305 Pupil Accommodation Review, there is the establishment of an Accommodation Review Committee. This Committee is to include membership from the broader school community such as parents, educators, board officials, and business and municipal leaders.
There are currently no active accommodation reviews.
Pupil Accommodation Review Guidelines
On April 27, 2018 the Ministry released the revised Pupil Accommodation Review Guideline (PARG). During the summer of 2018 the Ministry plans to develop additional materials to support Boards when they conduct Pupil Accommodation Reviews. The new guidelines will only take effect upon release of the support materials. Once the new guidelines are in effect, the Board must revise Policy 305 and Procedure 305-A to bring the Board’s policy into conformance with the revised guideline.
- Memo – Final PARG & Updates On Integrated Planning And Supports For Urban Education (2018)
- Revised Pupil Accommodation Review Guidelines (PARG) (2018)
- Ministry Guide to Pupil Accommodation Reviews (2016)
- Pupil Accommodation Review Guidelines (PARG) (2015)
- Administrative Review of Accommodation Review Process